Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Swollen Feet + Ankles,  oh my……

For the last couple of days I have notice that my feet and ankles have been swelling up! It just happened out of the blue. I was walking around the house and my husband says to me “Honey, look at your feet"!  Naturally, I was concerned and contacted my mom and my cousin who is also pregnant!

 My cousin was kind enough to send me some tips to reduce the swelling:

1.       Put your feet up whenever possible. At work, it helps to keep a stool or pile of books under your desk. At home, lie on your left side when possible.
2.       Don't cross your legs or ankles while sitting.
3.       Stretch your legs frequently while sitting: Stretch your leg out, heel first, and gently flex your foot to stretch your calf muscles. Rotate your ankles and wiggle your toes.
4.       Take regular breaks from sitting or standing. A short walk every so often will help keep your blood circulating.
5.       Wear comfortable shoes that stretch to accommodate the swelling.
6.       Don't wear socks or stockings that have tight bands around the ankles or calves.
7.       Try waist-high maternity support stockings. Put them on before you get out of bed in the morning so blood doesn't have a chance to pool around your ankles.
8.       Drink plenty of water. Surprisingly, this helps your body retain less water
I really hope my feet don’t get worse because honestly they really are not that cute!  And, I heard I eventually will not be able to fit in my shoes in a while YIKES!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey try doing some of those old track high jump drills to get the blood moving...lol

    ReplyDelete