Thursday, January 6, 2011

My First Flutter + 16 Weeks!

My First Flutter!!
Today, I was sitting in a training class at work and all of a sudden on the left side of my stomach I felt a little flutter.  When it first started I thought it was gas but then when I felt the flutter sensation I knew it was my little baby! I have a lot more to movements to look forward to but it is nothing like that first time.

16 WEEKS!!!

Right now, the baby is about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too.

How far along? 16 weeks!
Baby’s Size: According to babycenter.com  they say my baby is about 3 ½ ounces.
Total Weight Gain: 8 pounds
Bellybutton:  An innie… I didn’t know that your bellybutton changed during pregnancy.
Stretchmarks: No new stretch marks since the pregnancy.
Maternity Clothes: None so far but I think it is time for us to do a little shopping this week. My pants are getting hard to button
Gender:  Not sure ….hmm maybe a GIRL??? LOL
Movement: As mention above I felt my first flutter this week
Sleep: I wake up about 2 times throughout the night.  This which is way better than my 4-5 times in during my first trimester.
Symptoms: Frequent trips to the bathroom, occasional integestion, increase in appetite

Food Aversions: Chewing Gum
Food Cravings: I really dont have any cravings but here a few things that taste extra good to me now. Hamburgers, French Fries, cupcakes, and Glazed doughnut from Dunkin Dougnuts
Best Moments this week: Heard the baby’s heartbeat this week 143 going strong. The sound is just amazing to me. I still can’t believe a little one is inside of me.

What I miss: I miss my old blatter. These bathroom trips throughout the day are non-stop. And I miss fitting in my favorite jeans.
What I am Looking forward to: I am looking forward to next month when we find out the sex of the baby our our gender reveal party!!

Milestones:  2nd TRIMESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment