Monday, May 23, 2011

36 weeks and 25 more days to go!
Your baby is gaining about an ounce a day.  She's shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body, as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Next week, your baby will be considered full-term. Most likely she's in a head-down position, but if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an external cephalic version, where she'll try to turn your baby by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.

How far along?  36 weeks
Baby’s Size:
approx.  6 pounds and 18 ½ inches long
Total Weight Gain: 44 pounds
Bellybutton:  An inne
Stretchmarks: No stretchmarks on my stomach! YAY!!! I have been moisturizing by belly faithfully everyday!
Maternity Clothes:  I really have not spent a ton of money on maternity clothes. I probably brought about 6 or 7 pieces.
Gender:  G I R L!!!
Movement: Since she is in the head-down position and a lot bigger I feel her feet in the top middle part of my stomach.  It feels like she is doesn’t have my space in my belly and is constantly stretching her legs out.  Ooouuchh!!
Sleep: Sleep has been good! I have noticed that the trips to the bathroom have increased once again.
Symptoms: Swollen Feet and ankles
Food Aversions: None!
Food Cravings: Quarter Pounder with cheese and something sweet.

Best Moments this week:  The progress we are making with her nursery!!
What I miss: Sometimes I miss my old body. Your body while you are pregnant goes through such a major transformation.  I am ready to hit the gym and be fit again!  
What I am looking forward to:  I am looking forward to our new life as parents to our little girl. The closer I get the more excited I get about her being a part of our family.
Milestones:  Just the fact that I have made it this far and my pregnancy has not been bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment