Friday, February 11, 2011

Gender Reveal Party!

IT’S a _____?

{Gender Reveal Party}

On Wednesday, Xzavier and I had our 20 week ultra sound. We wanted to do something a little different, instead of the tech telling us the sex of the baby on the spot, we had her write the sex baby on the sonogram and seal it in an envelope.  We then had the envelope delivered to  Cake Lady Jill, a local baker here in Charlotte.  She made a cake that would reveal the sex of the baby at our “Gender Party” by the icing on the inside of the cake being blue or pink.  Since, I LOVE surprises and hosting events this was the perfect way for us to find out if we were having a boy or a girl, and share this experience with our closest family and friends.
{invitations}
The invitations were designed by Three Little Birds Stationary and Gifts shop in Charlotte. The inspiration for the party came from a dessert table that Amy Atlas designed for a New Year Eves Party.

{team blue + team pink}
On the invitations, we instructed everyone wear pink or blue to cast their vote for a boy or a girl.  It was a close race but it looks like TEAM PINK was the majority!  

{dessert table}
My color scheme was pink , blue , black and white.  The desssert table consisted of cupcakes, cookies, chocolate covered red velvet + champagne truffles, chocolate covered oreo cookies, pretzels dipped in blue chocolate, pink rock candy,  hershey kisses, and of course the {reveal cake}!




{cookies}

The cookies were pink and blue onseies made by Allyson Jane Designer Desserts!  They went perfectly with the theme of the party! 










{chocolate covered desserts}
The chocolate covered desserts were made by Kreations by Kay! The oh so talented Kay made the chocolate covered oreos, truffles, and pretzels! Not only did they look fabulous but they tasted good too!! Xzavier was a huge fan of the chocolate covered oreos!! My favorite was the red velvet truffles dipped in white chocolate! DE-LISH!!!!




{Printables}
Special thanks to Becky with  Anders Ruff Designs!!! I feel in love with their “Vintage Hollywood Glam” Printable Design Collection.  They provided all the labels , signs, and posters for the party!! I thought it added the icing on the cake!  Also a BIG thank you to my cousin Eddie for printing everything for us!

                         {thank yous}
Big Thank You to Cheyenne Schutlz who gave me this fabulous idea!!!  Special thanks to all of my vendors who helped me make this event a success!!!  And to all of my family and friends came to support the reveal of our little girl!!!  That day could not have been any more perfect!!
PS. Mrs. Jones thank you for frying the chicken! People could stop talking about the wings!!!

9 comments:

  1. This so stinkin' cute! Very well put together...you thought of every little detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRECIOUS1 I love gender reveal parties and I love the spin you put on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Audrey and Brittany!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love the decor + food!!! How adorable! It's PERFECT and congrats on the little girly girl you have! Aren't you so excited??? I see lots of pink tutu's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!!! Thanks for posting all the link where stuff came from! i'll have to check it all out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo nice! Those frames where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my god! This is perfect. My sister has booked an event space Chicago for my baby shower and gender reveal party. I am very excited for the day. It is my first baby shower and I really want to know if it’s a boy or a girl. This party is going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete