Wednesday, February 23, 2011

23 Weeks


23 weeks

"Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb."

Side Note:
* Every morning while I am curling my hair I have started playing the classical station on pandora for her to listen too. I hope she can hear it.  This was a special request from her Grandmother! If were me I would be rocking "Like a G6" or some song by Rihianna! I might sneak it in some morning!! SSSHH!! Dont tell grandma!! LOL
******************************************************************************************************************************
How far along? 23 weeks
Baby’s Size:
11" in length and weighing over a pound (as much as a large mango)
Total Weight Gain: 18 pounds since my last doctors visit
Bellybutton:  An inne!
Stretchmarks: I have noticed 3 little stretchmarks
Maternity Clothes: I finally brought my first pair from motherhood last weekend. They are a simple black wide leg pants that fit under my belly.  
Gender:  G I R L 
J
Movement: Pretty good movement this week. I am not feeling kicking yet but I can feel her moving around
Sleep: Sleeping really well but still having my nightly trips to the bathroom
Symptoms: Frequent trips to the bathroom during the day, mood swings (just started this week), headaches, swelling of ankles and feet. Wednesday after work my ankles and feet were so swollen!But, the next couple of days after the swelling went down.  I increased my water intake.
Food Aversions: Chewing Gum
Food Cravings: Something sweet!
Best Moments this week: When my sister-in-law was kind enough to let me borrow her size 10 dress pants! All of mine do not fit and it was just so nice to have some pants that I could actually zip up and button. THANK YOU LAKESHIA!!!!!!
What I miss: My mom and daddy!! 
What I am Looking forward to: Just life with my new baby girl and hubby!! So excited for what is to come!  
Milestones:  Really none this week that I can think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment